The MSC-021 is a 1 Duty, 1 Standby Controller that enables equal workload sharing between two devices (e.g. air-conditioning compressors, fans, pumps, etc) through schedule auto duty changeovers while continually monitoring the primary/duty device. In the event the primary device is detected to have tripped, the standby device will automatically commanded to take over. The MSC-021 helps prolongs the lifespan of the device while ensuring 24/7 availability at all times.
In a typical setup, a time-clock (or other start signal) is sent to the MSC-021 controller, which commands one device to run. The controller continually polls for a fault signal (e.g. overload or trip) returning from the device and automatically switches between the duty and standby device in the event of a fault. The MSC-021 also provides workload sharing by rotating the devices automatically between clock/start signals. Even during a power failure, the MSC-021 retains its memory hence ensuring proper workload sharing.
For applications where the process is required to run continuously (24x7), the MSC-021 contains an accurate 12 or 24 hour (user-selectable) timer which swaps the duty and standby devices automatically when the timer expires. This eliminates the requirement of an additional time-clock.
- Seamless Switch-Over
- Last Duty Memory (maintained even during power loss)
- A+B ON Mode
- 12/24 Hour Automatic Rotation Timer
- Emergency Stop
SW1.1 - Auto Duty Changeover Timer Setting
- On = 24h
- Off = 12h
- Note: Duty changeover will also be performed when there is an on-off power cycle.
SW1.2 - Output Logic Mode Setting
- On = Latched
- Off = Momentary / Pulse (1s)
- Note: In the Latched mode, the output relay will be energized when ON and de-energized when OFF. In the Momentary mode, output relay will produce a 1s Pulse to toggle the compressor ON or OFF. Whether the pulse is inhibited or not depends on the current running status of the compress (feedback is via Status A and B Inputs).
- Air-Conditioning System
- Water Fountains Control System
- Koi Ponds
- Plant Processes