There are many critical applications which requires a standby pump (or other devices) to provide a level of backup protection should the main pump fail.
The MSC-021 is a 1 Duty, 1 Standby Controller provides this level of protection while maintaining equal workload sharing between the two device (especially for application which requires 24x7 operation).
In a typical setup, a time-clock (or other start signal) is sent to the MSC-021 controller, which commands one device to run. The controller continually polls for a fault signal (e.g. overload or trip) returning from the device and automatically switches between the duty and standby device in the event of a fault. The MSC-021 also provides workload sharing by rotating the devices automatically between clock/start signals. Even during a power failure, the MSC-021 retains its memory hence ensuring proper workload sharing.
For applications where the process is required to run continuously (24x7), the MSC-021 contains an accurate 12 or 24 hour (user-selectable) timer which swaps the duty and standby devices automatically when the timer expires. This eliminates the requirement of an additional time-clock.
- Seamless Switch-Over
- Last Duty Memory (maintained even during power loss)
- A+B ON Mode
- 12/24 Hour Automatic Rotation Timer
- Emergency Stop
- Water Fountains Control System
- Air-Conditioning System
- Plant Processes
Ordering Information (Part Numbers)
- MSC-021(TEL): 1 Duty, 1 Standby Controller with Timer and Emergency Stop (Output Type: Latch)
- MSC-021(TSEP): 1 Duty, 1 Standby Controller with Timer, Status Feedback and Emergency Stop (Output Type: Pulse)